Re: Wierd mount problem with "latest" release

--- Bryan Pizzillo <sturm@cs.umd.edu> wrote:

> Ok, here's the problem.  I used the setup.exe, told it the root directory was
>
> c:cygwin.
> It installed, I went to go run the link from the start bar which tried to run

User error.  You should have typed c:\cygwin instead of c:cygwin.

> c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin.bat...which was not there..no problem, checked the faq,
> and
> so I put the following in there:
>
> @echo off
> SET MAKE_MODE=unix
> SET PATH=C:\cygwin\bin;c:\cygwin\usr\bin;C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin;%PATH%
> bash
>
> (Note I had to add c:\cygwin\usr\bin since that is were cygwin1.dll got put)
>
> Ok, so  run cygwin.bat and get bash...yeah, rockin...no more cmd
> (not to mention I get ls)
> BUT, I noticed this wierdness: (I assume it is from c:cygwinbin)
>
> bash-2.04$ mount
> Device              Directory           Type         Flags
> c:cygwin\bin        /usr/bin            user         binmode
> c:cygwin\lib        /usr/lib            user         binmode
> c:cygwinbin         /bin                system       textmode
> c:cygwin            /                   user         binmode

mount -f -b c:/cygwin/bin /usr/bin
mount -f -b c:/cygwin/lib /usr/lib
mount -f -b c:/cygwin /
umount /bin

The above commands should fix your problems.

Cheers,

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>