Sender: cygwin-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com
From: Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 16:18:45 -0400
To: cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: setup, default mounts
09, 2000 at 01:04:46PM -0700

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 01:04:46PM -0700, MarketLogix wrote:
>If I'm understanding this all properly, I'm going to have a bit of a
>situation when I do finally upgrade from b20.1.
>
>Ever since b18 or so, I've flattened the distribution and currently
>depend on:
>
>C: -> /
>
>with
>
>/bin
>/usr/bin
>/usr/lib
>/usr/local/ ...
>
>being wholly separate entities.
>
>Looks like we're heading from one extreme to another.
>
>ie.  from an overly deep directory structure to an overly flat one.
>Sheesh !

Feel free to use whatever layout you want.  Presumably, if you know
enough to lay out your own directory structure you will either extract
files from the tar balls or won't be overly stunned by whatever the
installer does and will be able to correct the situation to your liking
with minimal effort.

Sheesh.

cgf