Make failing on ".exists"

Hello,

  I am currently working my way to an installation of the DBD::Pg module
for Perl. I have managed to work my through to the point of the CygWin,
Perl and PostgreSQL environments being installed correctly. I added the
June 07 "bin" directory to the installation in order to overcome a
problem I was having with "make" reading the Makefile.

  Now I am to the point of actually runningthe make. It seems that the
intent is to put a reference to ".exists" on the dependency line and if
it isn't founf then the refered to path is created. However the error
messages I get both in this Win98 and anoth NT SP4.0 release indicate an
executable is being accessed and not found. I could see this type of
error if the file were being referenced from the command line, but not
through make. Any ideas?

D:\Apps\pgsql\DBD-Pg-0.93>make --unix
MAKE.EXE: cmd: Command not found
MAKE.EXE: *** [blib\lib\DBD\.exists] Error 127

Steve