RE: File name syntax (WAS: RE: FW: Can not config sshd)

I would like to thank Chris for finding the reference in the Single UNIX
Spec. where //path is implementation defined, Bob McGowan for his fine job
of summarizing what started this whole thing, and everyone else for their
input.

Also I would like to apologize for setting off a match in a dry field with
this topic.  I did not intend to fill everyone's mailboxes over the long
holiday weekend in the US.  I did originally ask the question because I was
concerned that there might be things I was not considering.

I will not be working up the previously mentioned patch.  While it might
solve some problems it is obvious that it would introduce more problems than
it would cure.