Re: Need help. Latest snapshot may be next cygwin net release.

Chris Faylor wrote:

> I would appreciate it if any adventurous souls would try out the
> latest cygwin snapshot by downloading this:
>
> ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/snapshots/cygwin1-20000524.dll.gz

[snip]

> This snapshot should fix all of the "\r\n" line ending problems that
> were in cygwin-1.1.1.  It should also fix problems with rxvt on Windows
> 95.
>
> Just to be clear, fixing "\r\n" line endings means that if you are in a
> directory that has been mounted using the "-t" option then makefiles
> should work as they used to in cygwin B20 and cygwin 1.1.0.  This DLL
> fixes problems with text mode reads.

[snip]

unfortunately, it does not fix the problems I was seeing - I still have
to go back to the 5/2 snapshot to get things to work

two manifestations of the problems I see are that cvs keeps thinking I
need to log in, and makefiles that work with 5/2 and previous suddenly
do stuff like:

~/LANL/JTpk/990816/JTpack$ gmake distclean
: No such file or directoryls
'.  Stop.ile_diste to make target `../Makeutils

my mount table looks (in part) like this:

~$ mount
Device              Directory           Type         Flags
E:\Local\cygwin\bin  /usr/bin            user         textmode
E:\Local\cygwin\lib  /usr/lib            user         textmode
E:\Local\cygwin     /                   user         textmode
E:\Home             /home               user         textmode
C:                  /win2k              user         textmode

I tried with /, /usr/bin, and /usr/lib as binmode just for the heck of
it, and it didn't change anything

let me know if there's anything you'd like me to try...

-John Turner