RE: New version of jikes java compiler works with cygwin.

First off, please don't post HTML mail to this list. There are lots of
people (like me) that have text only mail clients.

On Mon, 8 May 2000, Christopher Jones wrote:

> Mo,

Yup, I did the old port but this is a "new port" that works even better.
I do not know if you ever looked at the old jikes build process but it
was held together with string and tape. The CVS version of jikes supports
a rock solid build process. You can even compile this new version
of jikes using a Cygwin cross compiler (the old version could not be
cross compiled).

> I've compiled Jikes with cygwin before... I think you did the port even...

How special does it need to be? I thought folks using
cygwin might like to know about cool software that has been
ported to cygwin. Am I wrong about that?

> what's so special about this?
>
> Brian

Mo Dejong
Red Hat Inc.