winsock2

I am trying to get a real simple winsock2 app working.
My problem is that none of the symbols in libws2_32.a will resolve.
I have looked at this library with nm and the problem appears to
be that all of the symbols are prefixed with double underscore
whereas in libwsock32.a they are preifxed with single underscore.

Anyone come across similar problems ?

Thanks, Mike