Subject: [cciug] "Error: Derived object modified; cannot be stored
Author:  gmoore (gmoore@openmarket.com) at unix,mime
Date:    2/28/00 4:40 PM

Cygwin/Clearcase users:

1.)
I can't seem to get the following very simple makefle to work
using a Cygwin v1.0 sh.exe (works if I use the DOS shell) in conjunction with
ClearCase's clearmake v3.2.1-20.

2.)
It seems that the ">", redirection symbol, interpretted by the Cygwin sh.exe, is
doing something funky that clearmake cannot cope in reference to
creating a configuration record.

SHELL=c:/Cygwin/bin/sh.exe
one:
    ls dog.proto > dog.h

$ clearmake -C gnu  one
        ls dog.proto > dog.h
clearmake: Error: Derived object modified; cannot be stored in VOB.
Interference from another process?
clearmake: Error: Unable to execute build script for "one"
$

3.)
dog.h does get created, but there is no config record created:

$ ct catcr dog.h
cleartool: Error: Not a vob object: "dog.h".

4.)
Comments? Solutions?

Guy Moore
Open Market

(I've seen the other 20 CCIUG emails on this error message but nothing
 to exactly pinpoint my problem)
using the sign-up form at  the ClearCase customers-only website
accessed at http://clearcase.rational.com/cciug/mailing_list.html]

related financial instruments.