uname on Win2k

This is probably the first time I've tried to build anything cygwin-related
since upgrading (?) to Win2k. When I tried to run configure for XEmacs,
configure told me that I wasn't on a supported platform. Upon further
investigation, I found out that 'uname' and 'uname -s' just yield a blank line.
What should the output of 'uname' be on Win2k?

I'm using the 0227 snapshot, if that's relevant.

Thanks,

Rick
--
Rick Rankin