GDB error 87 under Cygwin

Where in the world in the Errors.h file that enumerates the error codes coming from GDB?  In particular, I am interested in error 87, as shown below:

BLACKBOX> gdb h-hcube
GNU gdb 4.18
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i586-cygwin32"...(no debugging symbols found)...
(gdb) r
Starting program: //e/h-hcube.exe
Error creating process //e/h-hcube.exe, (error 87)

I'm sure the answer to this question is somewhere on the Cygnus and/or GDB mailing archive, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the wonderfully worthless ht://Dig search engine to accept phrase or boolean searches with any accuracy.  It has got to be one of the most frustrating search engine software packages I have ever used.  For example, try the following:
On the Cygwin Project archive, a search for "error 87" set to match all terms or a boolean search for "error and 87" both give 5474 matches.
On the same archive, a search for "error" gives (yes, I'm sure you can guess) the same 5474 matches!
But on the same archive, a search for "error 193" set to match all terms only gives 21 hits.

What gives?  A search though many of the "error 87" hits confirms that the string 87 is nowhere in the text or source of the html page.

Someone tell me how to do a reliable phrase search of the mail archives.

Brent Weech