problems with 'make' and building files on cygwin32

 Iam having problems using 'make' to build files under cygwin32. Iam using
the 19990115 snapshot which claimed was suppose to fix this problem under
win95 but Iam using win98 and Iam still getting errors claiming that my "c
compiler (gcc) is not functioning and that I have a error:: fork_value" or
something to that effect does anyone have any idea what is going on? I've
posted this message to 5 different people claiming to be "experts" on cygwin
but apparently no one knows what is going on.  If anyone has any idea what
is going on please email me at nmatrix9@excite.com

              thank you,
                        nmatrix9