RE: what time is it, anyways ?

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
>At 10:19 AM 2/24/00 , you wrote:
>>Just noticed that ftime() and gettimeofday() is returning garbage; I'm
>>getting dates in early 1970.
>>The output from ``date'', however, is correct.
>>I'm running vanilla unmodified 20.1; is there any point in me
investigating
>>further, or should I just upgrade ?
>>

>Try upgrading first.  There were changes to address time issues since B20.1
>was released.

Ok, I replaced cygwin1.dll with the Feb 23rd snapshot, and that seems to
have fixed the problem.
Only glitch I found so far is that fgets() from an empty file now sets errno
to ENOSYS,
but I can work around that. (Non-empty files work fine).
Also, localtime() sets errno to ENOENT, even tho it succeeds, but I think
that's allowed ?

	/Paul