Re: GNU assembler file size limitation on cygwin

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, [iso-8859-1] Niklas Höglund wrote:

> I have problems assembling a large  program using the as that's inclu-
> ded in  cygwin.  (GNU  assembler 2.9.4.) The  error  I get is:  "reloc
> overflow:  0x2cda8 > 0xffff".   I sent in  a bug report  about this to
> bug-gnu-utils@gnu.org,  and got a reply from  Ian Lance Taylor  saying
> that there may be patches available that  solve this. Does anyone here
> know  anything about  such patches,   or any  other solution  to  this
> problem?

You perhaps missed my following to Ian's note that says the following:

I had planned on working on a fix a few weeks ago, but then other things
kept me busy. The binutils mailing list has my initial post and then
Ian's followup with suggestions on how to go about it. I remember running
into the issue of where to keep overflow line numbers in such a case, but
haven't really looked at all the PE-docs on MSDN.

Start at:

   Linkname: PEI 16bit relocation problem -- possible fix idea

and follow the thread.

Regards,
Mumit