Date: 23 Feb 2000 11:26:18 -0500
From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@zembu.com>
To: niklas@canit.se
CC: bug-gnu-utils@gnu.org
Subject: Re: GNU assembler file size limitation on cygwin

   Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:15:37 +0100
   From: =?us-ascii?Q?=3D=3Fiso-8859-1=3FQ=3FNiklas=5FH=3DF6glund=3F=3D?= <niklas@canit.se>

   BASH.EXE-2.02$ as mlton.s -o mlton.o
   as: mlton.o: reloc overflow: 0x2cda8 > 0xffff
   mlton.o: File truncated
   mlton.s: Assembler messages:
   mlton.s:961878: FATAL: Can't close mlton.o
   : File truncated

The PE format only has a 16 bit field in which to store the relocation
count.  PE defines a workaround, which as I recall is to store the
actual reloc count in the first relocation entry.  I think I recently
saw some patches for this, but I'm not sure what happened to them.
Try asking on the cygwin list.

Ian

----- End forwarded message -----