From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi [mailto:ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 12:26 PM
To: cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: LessTif 0.89.9 tar.gz file

I just untarred the lesstif0.89.9 tar-ball which I redistbute via
lesstif Organization.  It untars without problems.

tar -zxvfp lesstif-0.89.9-cygwin-v1.1.tar.gz

From where did you get lesstif0.89.9.tar.gz.  There is no such file
on our LessTif Ftp server?

Anyhow looking at the first few lines of your error messages,
it is rather
a read/write permission problem on your Windows machine.  Are you
on Windows NT, if so are you logged in as admin? Try loging in as a user
and extract under user account.

Regards
Suhaib