RE: Making GCC 2.95.2 Problems

I am having a problem with bash and tar and I think it is just a
configuration issue.

My mounting structure is as follows:
Device           Directory           Type        Flags
e:               /e                  native      text!=binary
d:               /d                  native      text!=binary
c:               /c                  native      text!=binary
c:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\usr\bin /bin                native      text!=binary
c:\cygnus\cygwin-b20 /                   native      text!=binary

When I cd into / and execute "tar zxvf
e:/gnu/Downloads/gcc-2.95.2-cygb20.tar.gz ", I get the following error:

tar (grandchild): Cannot execute remote shell: No such file or directory
tar (grandchild): Cannot open archive
e:/gnu/Downloads/gcc-2.95.2-cygb20.tar.gz: I/O error
tar (grandchild): Error is not recoverable: exiting now

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Child returned status 1

What have I set up incorrectly in bash?