Re: Windows executables and C++

"McCunney, Dennis" wrote:
> Well, no more source code, perhaps.  But _something_ has to provide the GUI
> front-end.  I'm not familiar with VC++, but it sounds like it is
> automagically linking in GUI libraries and grabbing any console I/O and
> feeding it through the GUI instead.

Well, from what I have read, something like that. I does not make a real
win32 program, just a "windows console", no buttons or anything fancy,
you just get rid of that boring black DOS background, and get a windows
feeling at the same time.

> You should dig into VC++ and see what libraries it is linking in and how it
> is grabbing the console I/O.  It might be possible to get G++ to do the same
> thing if the libraries are available.  (It won't be simple, however, and may
> not be possible.  It depends upon how well Microsoft documented what
> QuickWin is doing and how it does it.)

Well, that seems like a undoable project, I have not yet seen a Microsoft
program with enough documentation to understand what it is actually doing,
but I think I will try.

Btw., does anyone know where I can find some header files for win32 function
calls under C++, there doesn't seem to be any included with Cygwin.

Thanks, once again.

May you live long and spamless,

Andreas Bergstrøm

--