Re: Perl ported to Cygwin bug report (-w)

Soren,
  I don't know if this will fix your problem, but you need to update to NT4 sp6a.
Service Pack 6 broke any number of programs due to some weird networking/socket bug,
but I don't remember all the details.

  Other than setting ntea (or ntsec) I don't remember why -w would fail. It's
possible something got fixed between the perl5.005_03 and perl5.005_62 releases for
cygwin-b20, because I don't see this behavior. I'd recommend downloading and
installing the later version if you can -- it's at http://cygutils.netpedia.net/.
OTOH, if you update to the more recent cygwin snapshots, then the latest precompiled
perl is perl5.5.640 (aka perl5.6 beta0), also available at cygutils.

--Chuck