Re: Windows executables and C++

"Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" wrote:
> What exactly are you trying to do?

I am trying to compile a simple C++ program that runs at least looking like
a Windows application, perhaps something like a QuickWin application in VC++.

> What are the problems specifically?

I can compile without problems, but when I run the program from a DOS box, the
full path to the program is shown in the top bar for a few seconds (i am
compiling on a 486), and it then resumes as if the program had run, but
nothing has happened.

> What are you building?
g++ -mwindows -e _mainCRTStartup sekundomregner.cpp -o sekund.exe

I tried modifying the makefile that came with RUN too, to make it
use G++ and the sekundomregner.cpp instead of gcc and run.c, just to
check, but with the same result.

> Its hard to offer any advice when the most specific information one can
> gather from your query is "I did something and it doesn't work."

I know, it was a bit vague, but I am pretty new to this and I was not
completely sure what information you wanted. I hope this will help
you to help me.

Thanks in advance.

May you live long and spamless,

Andreas Bergstrøm