Windows executables and C++

I have been trying to create windows executables instead of MS-DOS ones
from my C++ sources using Cygwin, but I think I must be doing something
wrong. Sometimes I manage to compile a program, but they run without a trace
of being there. I have used -mwindows and everything I could dig up in the
manuals, but so far, no luck.

Have any of you any good sudgestions.

Thanks in advance.

May you live long and spamless,