RE: Getting X11 to run

BTW.  The files you downloaded contains no Xserver.  There is a
mailing list for Cygwin-X, as Chris told you.
Our Alpha version fo X-server are in pre-alpha tar ball and in XVNC.
If you check cygwin-xfree mail archive you will find the messages
about it.
The URL for it is http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/xfree.

Also, I received DirectX server code from Karra today.  Many thanks
to him. I will be posting a newer X-server with couple of days.  BUT
you need to subscribe to cygwin-xfree list.

Due to huge amount of mail I get from several mailing list, I
switched to cygwin-digest only.  If you address your questions to
cygwin-xfree
list you will get prompt reply.

Suhaib