RE: xterm does not run

/bin/bash does exist in d:\cygwin\bin and I am running
bash-2.03 as my shell

/bin is mounted to d:\cygwin\bin

Here is what cygcheck xterm.exe reports

bash-2.03$ cygcheck xterm.exe
Found: .\xterm.exe
.\xterm.exe
  .\libICE.dll
    d:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
      C:\WINNT\System32\advapi32.dll
        C:\WINNT\System32\ntdll.dll
        C:\WINNT\System32\KERNEL32.dll
        C:\WINNT\System32\USER32.dll
          C:\WINNT\System32\GDI32.dll
        C:\WINNT\System32\RPCRT4.dll
  .\libSM.dll
  .\libX11.dll
  .\libXext.dll
  .\libXpm.dll

Here is also what mount is showing

Device              Directory           Type         Flags
d:\cygwin\contrib   /contrib            user         binmode
d:\cygwin\bin       /bin                user         binmode
d:\cygwin\usr       /usr                user         binmode
D:\Cygwin           /                   system       binmode
d:\users            /users              user         binmode