cygwin perl exception

Title: cygwin perl exception

Hello,

I have a weird situation where on two boxes with cygwin b20.1 full.exe a Perl program fails with an exception STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION (which from a previous message on the list means it attempted to access some part of memory it shouldn't or similar?) and on a third (where it was developed) the program executes perfectly.  To complicate matters when running the Perl interpreter in debug mode or when running it in gdb this exception never occurs on either of the two boxes which fail normal execution.  I have installed the 011599 cygwin1.dll on one of the failing boxes to see if anything changed and it still fails with the same exception during normal execution but works just fine in a debugger.  Any ideas what might cause something like this?  I'm working on narrowing down the exact line of Perl which causes the problem but it's taking longer than usual given how the problem is manifesting itself.

I took a glance at the output of cygcheck on the passing box and a failing box and couldn't discern anything of interest although I can post those if it helps.  The box which the script works on without causing Perl to go nuts does not have the 011599 cygwin1 dll.  There is also a perl.exe.core which I've attached but I don't know if it is useful or not.

Thanks,
Brian

perl.exe.core