Re: MAKE_MODE=UNIX? was RE: why must cygwin be first in path?

Eric,

You're referring to the CD version installer, correct?  The net release b20.1
installer used the cygwin.bat file to get it set.  There are a large number of
people who are using Cygwin for the GNU GCC and shell user tools only.  They
are not interested in the POSIX layer particularly.  These types should be
redirected to the Mingw set of tools.  Take a look at some of the more recent
topics at http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32/ for details on how mingw.org is
aspiring.

Earnie.