Re: why must cygwin be first in path?

Good question, I should have mentioned that info.  The machine is a dual
cpu system, 100 MHz each (slow), with 128 MB RAM.  SysInfo says I have
about 400 MB virtual memory.

So, I checked on a different machine, with 500 MHz cpu (single) but same
RAM and virtual size.  Starting bash from a command prompt takes less
than a second.