Re: Compiling Scilab and Octave:

--- "Glenn R. Fulford" <glenn.fulford@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
-8<-
> The messages I am getting for Scilab are:
> SCILAB 2.5:
> On running ./configure I got the following error:
>
> checking host system type... i586-pc-cygwin
> configure error: unable to configure for host i586-pc-cygwin
>
> I checked inside the file configure.in and found the statement:
>  *-*-cygwin32)
> I figure this has to be changed:
> I tried changing cygwin32 to just cygwin, and deleted config.cache and ran
> ./configure
> again, but it didn't help.
>
> Can anyone suggest anything?

Yea.  Get the latest autoconf package from your favorite GNU mirror.  Copy the
config.guess script from this package to the scilab directory.

> The messages I am getting for Octave are:
>
> running ./configure
> configure warning:
>
> I didn't find -ltermcap, -lterminfo, -lncurses, -lcurses or -ltermlib

termcap is an easy build.  Find it on your favorite GNU mirror, build and
install.

> Make errors:
>
> --- Clock skew detected.
>
> --- File ... has modification time in the future
>   2000-01-31 20:11:10 > 2000-01-31 20:11:09

Any network drives involved.  The time fileserver is ahead of the time on the
workstation.

> --- make unrecognized option -rdynamic

What is -rdynamic?

> --- undefined reference 'tputs'