Re: compiler for x86-VxWorks targets

As advised by Mumit Khan and as a follow-up to my last mail sent to you, I'd
like to forward the question and answer details below to the cygwin and
crossgcc mailing lists.
Questions are based on Mumit Khan's comments.

>  (gcc-2.95.2 is the current version, I just haven't updated the docs to
>  reflect that, sorry)
Does this mean that EGCS is not needed at all, or one should still try to
build under the
 EGCS src subtree

>> ... errors like
>>
>>         /bin/sh not found.

>This is a problem due to the layout of Cygwin b20.
>  $ CONFIG_SHELL=bash /path/to/configure [ rest of configure options ]

Is this an environment variable, whose definition should precede the
(otherwise usual) call to configure ?

>step 1. build the Cygwin hosted VxWorks-targeted cross-compiler. Of
>course, I'm assuming that you've installed the vxworks target includes
>and libraries in $prefix/i386-vxworks/{include,lib}.

In the "Hello World" example (sent previously) should I need such ? Is there
any
        libgcc
or what have you, which I am supposed to have "in advance". Where could I
get it, if yes ?

>  $ mkdir /tmp/cross
>  $ cd /tmp/cross
>  $ CONFIG_SHELL=bash /src/egcs-1.1.2/configure \
>    --target=/usr/local/vxworks

Is this the way that -target should be specified ?

Regards,
Nedialko.