Re: B.20.1 bash question - paths sent to #!

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> --- Al and Patricia <carat@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > I looked in the archives and did not see a solution to this issue:
> >
> > I have 3 drives on my NT 4.0 system: C: D: E:.
> > I have a perl script that has "#!/usr/bin/perl" in it.
> > I am trying to put the perl script in my path, so that I can run it from
> > any drive.
> > I am using ActiveState Perl.
>
> Note: You ain't gonna get it working.  Non-Cygwin programs do _not_ understand
> the Cygwin paths.  You'll need to get the Cygwin port of perl to have any luck
> with what you're trying to do.  See the http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/
> page for URL pointers.

I use Cygwin and Active State Perl but I never noticed this before, because
I always run my scripts from the directory that they are in! However, one
possible work around that I've just tried is to simply set up a shell script
in your bin directory, which then calls Active State Perl with the correct
DOS-style paths, e.g.

--- file: /c/bin/myscript ---

#!/usr/local/bin/tcsh -f
#
# I know this is a bad shell to use, but it's just an example! :)
#

perl c:\\src\\perl\\myscript.pl "$argv"

--- end of file ---

cheers,