RE: B20.1: make dependencies broken

Hmm...  Is you Makefile example correct?  I redid it like this:

------------------------------
NTTOOLSDIR = /tmp

NTTOOLS = f1.bat \
          f2.bat

All: $(NTTOOLS)

$(NTTOOLS): % : $(NTTOOLSDIR)/%
        # making $@ due to $?
        cp $? $@
--------------------------------

I then did

mkdir /tmp/maketest
cd /tmp/maketest
create above Makefile
touch /tmp/f1.bat /tmp/f2.bat
make
       This gave me the expected results.
touch /tmp/f2.bat
make
       This gave me the expected results.
touch /tmp/f1.bat
make
       This gave me the expected results.
make
       Everything current, great, that was the expected result.
cd ..
make -f maketest/Makefile
       Everything current, great, that was the expected result.

Earnie.