Re: [mingw32] Re: [RFC] changing gcc default output executable name (a.exe now)

Andre Oliveira da Costa wrote:
> [...]
> I don't think tweaking all these applications to look for "foo.exe" if they
> can't find "foo" would be the right thing. But I would really like to be
> able to install the applications I compile without having to tweak all the
> makefiles. Maybe the solution would be not to add the .exe suffix...

I agree. It would be nice if gcc would not add .exe automatically.
Maybe it's not a 'modern' solution but it's the way, cc produces
executables since french revolution:

	No output name given: 	a.out is created,
	-o foo:			foo is created.

That's it and it's ok.
IMHO.
Corinna