RE: [mingw32] Re: [RFC] changing gcc default output executable name (a.exe now)

> The process I (and others that I am familiar with) use is to
> define macros for common file extensions such as: EXEEXT, OBJEXT,
> and LIBEXT. You can conditionally define these in the makefile
> (or in a makefile that is included everywhere) to be the proper
> values for the target platform.
[...]

What I do when I have to tweak a makefile is pretty close to what you
described -- except for the fact that I didn't put things in a separate
makefile to be included everywhere, which is definitely a GoodThing(TM). I
just started this thread to see if there was an alternative which didn't
imply in tweaking the makefiles (e.g. an environment variable).

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards,

Andre
--