Fwd: Re: B20: stdio bugs with 'merge' & 'gzip'

Note: forwarded message attached.

=====
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>
Cygwin Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

Hi Earnie!

> The essence of the page states that yes, there is a bug in processing the
of
> pipes and redirection (and therefore the stdio routines) for the stock
> cygwin1.dll.  You need to upgrade with at least the Jan 15th, 1999
snapshot.
> You may find this and more current snapshots at
> http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/snapshots/.
> You still need to modify your path and get rid of multiple cygwin dlls.
But,
> to not do so is your choice.

And still the solution is as far as week ago. I took the very last
cygwin1.dll - from 02-Dec-99,
I removed all dlls from path, and no difference. The only thing maybe will
give a clue:
every b20-compiled program complains now:

0       0 [main] C:\-\-\a.exe 1000 hinfo_init: couldn't make stderr distinct
from stdout

I don't know, how to contact actual developers, but if you know, tell them
that
the bug not WAS, it IS. I have to thank you for your patience and help, but
I want to know -
is that particular bug is only on my machine or not? If it's not mine, how
ever you could not
notice that bug? It's everyday tools, - gzip, merge, echo, diff ...

Sincerely,
Dmitry