Re: ntsec: What am I doing wrong?

"Charles S. Wilson" wrote:

> I'm using the 1999-11-22 cygwin-inst with the 1999-11-23 cygwin1.dll.
> All drives except C:\ (mounted as /c) are NTFS. And the example I gave
> *was* real -- I wasn't making up the fact that 'id' reported UID/GID's
> of "0" or that 'ls -l' said "user" and "group" instead of "cwilson"
> and "None".
> [...]

Hi Charles,

Wow! I never saw this before. Surprise, surprise.

The words "user" and "group" are not hardcoded anywhere in the
cygwin code so I don't know where they are coming from.

Maybe, you use the wrong /etc directory with an older version
of passwd and group??? Is your workstation stand alone or
domain member?

I would like to ask you for the following:

Imagine your `ls' is D:\Cygwin\bin\ls.exe, then start the
command

	strace -o ls.strace D:\\Cygwin\\bin\\ls.exe -l

in any NTFS directory (not too big if possible).
You have to start strace with the native path to ls.
I would like to see the file `ls.strace'.
It would be nice if you send it to me (gziped please).

Thanks in advance,
Corinna