Re: Domain Logins from an NT workstation

Steve Bloomfield wrote:

> After setting up inetd and telnetd I can successfully login using accounts
> local to my workstation.  Is it possible to specify a domain name when
> logging in with telnet to the password can be validated by a domain
> controller?

Try the following:

Call `mkpasswd -d mydomain' and extract the line with the user,
that should be used as login user. Maybe, it looks like:

myself::1234:513:Dr. Foo:/home/myself:/bin/sh

Now add the domain to the user name as it's used in calls to
LogonUser(). Change home dir and shell as appropriate:

mydomain\myself::1234:513:Dr. Foo://Server/home/myself:/usr/bin/bash

I'm not really sure but this should work if your workstation is
member of the domain `mydomain' or if it's a trusted domain of
your domain.

Regards,
Corinna