RE: info files

You must use the "info" program to read .info files. You might download it
from
ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin/ports/info-2.18-cygb20
.exe.gz

Please note that you'll have to create "dir" files on each info directory in
order for "info" to know which page to display. AFAIK you have to create
them manually... I really hope I'm wrong, somebody _please_ correct me ;)
The syntax is very simple, I'm attaching one I use here. For each set of
info files, you must create a line similar to the one below, and put inside
the parenthesis the name of the "master" info file, without the ".info". For
example, for gcc, the info files are named gcc.info-*, and your entry should
look like

* GCC: (gcc).   Information about the gcc Compiler

The text outisde the parenthesis is arbitrary.

You might also have to create an environment variable INFOPATH containing
all your info directories separated by colons.

TIP: once running "info", type "?" to get get help.

HTH,

Regards,

Andre
--