Re: gcc/g77/gcj 2.95.2 for cygwin CD 1.0?

Steve Jorgensen <steve@khoral.com> writes:

> 	Well, my only interest is in getting a working fortran compiler
> 	for the cygwin environment.. I've been told that the C and C++
> 	compiler that comes with the CD produce better binaries than
> 	the gcc 2.95.2 does, so I want to stick with the gcc and g++ from
> 	the CD.

Yes, the v1.0 CD contains the Cygnus Code Fusion code that aggressively
optimizes for x86, and I've seen as high as 15-20% performance increase
in some of my FP-intensive code. I've used the GCC development branch
which contains Cygnus' new x86 backend contribution, and it should be
pretty close to what you get on the CD.

> 	I will try your suggestion.  If I manage to get it compiled, is
> 	there somewhere I can post the binaries for people?

I'll be glad to host it.

Regards,
Mumit