This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: C compilation slow on NT
- To: manus at eiffel dot com, cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: RE: C compilation slow on NT
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 20:20:15 -0700 (PDT)
- Reply-To: earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com
--- Emmanuel STAPF <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Are you executing from the DOS prompt to do "something" or from
> > bash? I would
> > suggest that you start your make process from within bash to avoid the
> > cygwin1.dll instantiation for each process. You might want to supply the
> > output of `cygcheck -s -v -r' either pasted or attached in a
> > plain text file.
> I was launching it from the DOS prompt. I cannot launch it from the bash
> prompt, because in it for some reasons gcc cannot read path containing "/",
> whereas in DOS it can.
Please paste in a `cygcheck -s -v -r'. You've a setup problem that you need to resolve.
Earnie Boyd <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Newbies, please visit
Do You Yahoo!?
Bid and sell for free at http://auctions.yahoo.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com