This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mingw32 DLL getting main args?
- To: Danny Sinclair <uf657 at victoria dot tc dot ca>
- Subject: Re: mingw32 DLL getting main args?
- From: Mumit Khan <khan at nanotech dot wisc dot edu>
- Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 12:22:50 -0500
- cc: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
Danny Sinclair <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Why does a DLL, made with Mumit's mingw32 2.95 release, need to call
> msvcrt.dll's __getmainargs?
> When the DLLMainCRTStartup function receives DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH it calls
> _mingw32_init_mainargs, which then calls __getmainargs. I don't want my
> DLL to be dynamicly linked to msvcrt.dll, but it is because of this. Why
> does a DLL need to parse the command line?
Good point. I don't know why it's done that way (it was there when I first
used it). MSVC does not seem to do this, but DLLs created with MSVC are
linked dynamically to MSVCRT.DLL (if you have /MD). I'll do some checking,
and remove the getmainargs if it's not needed.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com