This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Snapshot and CD compatibility problems
- To: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Subject: Re: Snapshot and CD compatibility problems
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 22:47:34 -0400
- Cc: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, Steve Jorgensen <steve at khoral dot com>
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 07:39:32PM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>Steve's problem with the NTSEC is simple. He's modifying the CYGWIN variable
>from with bash. To have this work you must set the NONTSEC _before_ starting
>bash (or any other cygwin program). Once started you can't change it without
>closing all cygwin instances.
Aha! Thanks. That explains things. It also uncovers something that we should
try to work around in the DLL.
Good detective work, Earnie.
>--- Chris Faylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I've forwarded your experiences to Corinna Vinschen. She's the author
>> of the NTSEC code. She'll be back from vacation in a week or so and
>> maybe she'll have some insight here.
>> On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 02:47:17PM -0600, Steve Jorgensen wrote:
>> >Ok, here's what I'm seeing. With the CD dll, I get the following on an
>> >ls -l on a file created by this dll:
>> > % ls -l Toolboxes
>> > -rw-rw-rw- 1 adminstr None 854 Oct 27 13:33 Toolboxes
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com