Re: Handling CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT

We're end-users of bash here at Johnson Controls. We are using our
own rexec command to start a cmd file on a remote box; the cmd
file launches our bash scripts just fine. We'd like to be able to
have these bash scripts run as batch jobs in the background so
rexec can return quickly on the client machine. When we try backgrounding
the bash script,
it silently dies (traps don't catch anything) when
the rexec terminates. Is this due to the CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT issue?
Is there a workaround for us that would allow our bash scripts to
be launched remotely with the permissions of the person requesting
the job without keeping a network connection open for the duration
of the job?

		thanks,
                       Tom Rodman
                       (414) 274-5041/fax:4400