This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- To: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Subject: Re: speed
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 22:25:29 -0400
- Cc: Mike MacDonald <mmacdona at tsi dot gte dot com>, cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 10:02:31AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Mike MacDonald <email@example.com> wrote:
>> I'm running a snapshot from a couple weeks ago, and it runs pretty slow..
>> Have the new snapshots sped up? Is there anything I can do to speed things
>> up? I think that the B20.1 version was alot faster.
>I had downloaded the 10/22 snapshot and thought it to be much faster. I did
>notice that there is a lot more activity with every mounted device. I'm not
>currently in a position to explain further but maybe later today I can look at
>Based on what I noticed and am thinking, if you have a networked path it could
>be slower. Try adding `mount a:\\ /a' to the list and watch what happens to
>the diskette drive when you do `ls' from the root directory.
If that is the case, I've probably screwed something up. I went to some
pains to optimize the reading of files so that we didn't hit a disk multiple
times for one file open or stat or whatever.
Btw, I've moved this to the appropriate mailing list. This has nothing
to do with XFree86.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org