This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Wierd perl problem..
- To: Steve Jorgensen <steve at khoral dot com>
- Subject: Re: Wierd perl problem..
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 21:45:16 -0400
- Cc: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <199910262153.PAA09692@benson>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 03:53:12PM -0600, Steve Jorgensen wrote:
>> > Ok. I've just checked in changes that work around the problem "for me".
>> > They should be in the next snapshot.
>> > The problem was that a DLL in a forked child was not being loaded in
>> > exactly the same location as it was in the parent. So, when the parent
>> > tried to copy its memory to the child -- boom!
>> > I kludged around this by allocating memory up to the point where the
>> > DLL should be loaded. This is remarkably fragile and stupid but it
>> > seems to work.
>> > The DLL code looks like it is due for a rewrite. Maybe we'll have time
>> > to do that someday.
>> > So, if you're adventurous, try out the latest snapshot and see if dynamic
>> > loading in perl just miraculously "works" now.
>> I'll play with it. Thanks.
> Just tried the October 10, 1999 snapshot cygwin1.dll, and the
> perl problem is fixed.. Thanks!
Um. The October 10 snapshot should not have fixed anything. I only
worked on the problem last weekend.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org