This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: CD v1.0 : 2 probs, bash readline and info
- To: "cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com" <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: CD v1.0 : 2 probs, bash readline and info
- From: Stefan Petrucha <petrucha at isnet dot sk>
- Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:59:29 +0200
- References: <199910260352.XAA00257@dagda.sunflower.com>
Doug Wyatt wrote:
> A. "info info" and "info diff" don't work, both yield a directory page
> which doesn't contain entries for these docs. The long forms
> "info -f /usr/info/info" and "info -f /usr/info/diff" do work properly.
> "export INFOPATH="/usr/info:/contrib/info" doesn't help.
It is not so long ago that I compiled and installed the info package.
You should install the info files into the directory with install-info.
(I'm under Linux now:
# apropos info
info (1) - GNU's hypertext system
install-info (8) - create or update entry in Info directory
Hope this helps
Stefan Petrucha, freelance
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com