This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Using Cygwin created DLL in MSVC++?
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Using Cygwin created DLL in MSVC++?
- From: Dongho Kim - Experimental Account <dktest at ISI dot EDU>
- Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 21:07:30 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: dktest at ISI dot EDU (Dongho Kim - Experimental Account)
I am a newbie on Cygwin and a real newbie on MS VC++.
I have five library files that were written in Unix.
I would like to build five DLL files from those library files
using Cygwin so that the DLLs can be used in MS VC++.
I was able to build the DLLs using "Makefile.DLLs" written by
Fergus Henderson (obtained from http://sourceware.cyunus.com).
However, I am getting run-time errors (Unhandled exception in XXX.exe:
0xC0000005: Access Violation.) when I call the functions
in one of the DLLs.
I understand that the above description is too vague, but
this message will be very long and nobody wouldn't want to read
this message if I try to write down in detail.
My questions are:
- Is it possible to uses DLLs that are created using Cygwin
from a program created using MS VC++?
- Is there any way that I can debug this?
(MS VC++ does not seem to be able to use the debug information
created from gcc in Cygwin.)
- Is there any document that explains about DLL in detail?
There must be many people who tried this.
(Use Cygwin created DLLs in MS VC++.)
Yes, I read all the documents under:
However, it is still not clear to me that exactly what I need to
do inside of calling function and the functions in DLLs
to achieve what I intend to do.
I would really appreciate any help.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org