This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin CD & W98
- To: John Buffington <jbuff at pacific dot net>
- Subject: Re: Cygwin CD & W98
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 23:32:06 -0400
- Cc: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <199910260104.SAA16842@pacific.net>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
I just noticed that there is a problem with the installer on the
CD. Oddly enough, I repeatedly brought this problem to the attention
of our release team but apparently I was never able to convince them
that this was worth considering.
Anyway, issue a "mount" command and see if you have two root directories.
If you do, then issue a "umount /" command, then do a:
mount -f -b x:\wherever-cd-was-put /
Hopefully, this will solve the problem.
On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 06:03:16PM -0700, John Buffington wrote:
>I know that the Cygwin CD is "supported" only for NT4 sp3,
>I'm running on Windows 98 and I'm getting permission problems
>bash-2.03$ mv mark.awk fark.awk
>mv: cannot move `mark.awk' to `fark.awk': Permission denied
>bash-2.03$ mv mark.awk ./foo
>mv: cannot move `mark.awk' to `./foo/mark.awk': Permission denied
>Is there a switch or variable that needs to be set up for a more DOS like
>"No matter where you go, there you are." ......... Buckaroo Banzai
>Want to unsubscribe from this list?
>Send a message to email@example.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org