This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Looking for a replacement for DOS Windows
- To: Paul McFerrin <paulmcferrin at worldnet dot att dot net>
- Subject: Re: Looking for a replacement for DOS Windows
- From: Brendan Simon <bsimon at ctam dot com dot au>
- Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 16:06:24 +1000
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: CTAM Pty Ltd
- References: <37B7AA91.email@example.com> <19990816123117.B870@cygnus.com> <37B8A12E.48B6@worldnet.att.net> <3813E4BF.F18DB73E@worldnet.att.net>
- Reply-To: bsimon at ctam dot com dot au
I use a windows version of rxvt that does not require an X server. I
found it on the cygwin page at soureware.cygnus.com. I use it with bash
but I'm sure you can also use it with command.com. I set my scrollback
buffer to 1000 lines with "-sl 1000".
Paul McFerrin wrote:
> I've looked high and low for a replacement for the MS-DOS window to use
> for the Cygwin shell. I need a window that has scroll bars that enable
> me to scroll back several hundred "saved" lines. It needs to work for
> Windows 95/98. Any leads would be appreciated.
> Please reply directly to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) as I have
> unsubscribed to this mailing list due to the high volume of mail it
> Thanks in advance,
> Paul McFerrin
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to email@example.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org