This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANN] Size: a console resizer for Win9x
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: [ANN] Size: a console resizer for Win9x
- From: "Charles S. Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 18:08:30 -0400
- References: <38056EBF.9E94324E@ece.gatech.edu>
Thanks to Mike Dipperstein and Stephan Mueller for pointing out a few
bugs and adding some extra capabilities. I've updated the console
resizer program available at http://cygutils.netpedia.net/. There are a
few obvious, user-visible changes:
1) yet another name change. consize. 'nuff said.
2) you can now resize the buffer smaller than the current window. This
will also resize the window. I don't know *why* you'd want to do this,
but now you can.
3) Extra debugging info available when using the -d option, and it
explicitly checks the Windows calls for success/failure and prints
"informative" messages about errors.
"Charles S. Wilson" wrote:
> I took the tip provided by Paul Sokolovsky and made a small package out
> of it. Source and binaries are available at
> What does it do?
> By executing the program from a bash shell, (e.g. 'size 2000') it gives
> you a scrollback buffer of 2000 lines. Windows then gives the window a
> scrollbar. Yay! It also works from NT's cmd.exe and from the Win95 port
> of cmd.exe, which is also provided as a separate download.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org