This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rxvt and vim together
- To: Joe Kraska <jkraska at bbn dot com>
- Subject: Re: rxvt and vim together
- From: Chris Faylor <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:05:53 -0400
- Cc: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <199910201904.MAA08315@ESCHER.SD.BBN.COM>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 12:08:12PM -0700, Joe Kraska wrote:
>From a bash window I start rxvt, and the window pops up
>just fine. I then run vim (the non gui version) from this rxvt
>window, but then the weirdest thing happens. The vim
>editor appears in the *bash* window. It boggles my mind,
>and perhaps has something to do with the rxvt not properly
>grabbing a tty entry or some such. Has anyone encountered
>this before? I would like to use rxvt exclusively, but this
>precludes this for the time being.
It's simple. You're using a Windows version of vim not a cygwin
version. Use a vim that was compiled for cygwin and you should
have no problems.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com