This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rxvt and vim together
- To: <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>, "Joe Kraska" <jkraska at bbn dot com>
- Subject: Re: rxvt and vim together
- From: "Arthur Goldhammer" <agold1 at mediaone dot net>
- Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 15:11:12 -0400
- References: <199910201904.MAA08315@ESCHER.SD.BBN.COM>
From the rxvt readme:
- native-console accesses (ReadConsole(), WriteConsole()) are not supported.
(read: vim doesn't work)
Maybe this explains the behavior you see. -- Art
----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Kraska <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 1999 3:08 PM
Subject: rxvt and vim together
> From a bash window I start rxvt, and the window pops up
> just fine. I then run vim (the non gui version) from this rxvt
> window, but then the weirdest thing happens. The vim
> editor appears in the *bash* window. It boggles my mind,
> and perhaps has something to do with the rxvt not properly
> grabbing a tty entry or some such. Has anyone encountered
> this before? I would like to use rxvt exclusively, but this
> precludes this for the time being.
> Joe Kraska
> San Diego
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to email@example.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org