This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problems in running nmake from GNU make
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: problems in running nmake from GNU make
- From: Drew Moseley <dmoseley at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 09:44:24 -0400
- DJ-Gateway: from newsgroup cygnus.gnu-win32
- Newsgroups: cygnus.gnu-win32
- Organization: Cygnus Solutions
- References: <email@example.com>
Tirumala R Bokka wrote:
> I'm facing a problem while I'm trying to run NMAKE from a GNU Makefile
> to build a subsystem. The makefile is recursively invoking nmake to build a
> subdirectory. I'm invoking nmake as follows:
> cd dir1 && nmake -f template.mak
> Make invokes NMAKE, but NMAKE gives an error saying,
> NMAKE : fatal error U1065: invalid option '-'
> Running the same line from shell command line works fine.
I have seen this before. What happens is that GNU make sets MAKEFLAGS
automatically (or some similar version of that variable). nmake also
reacts to the
MAKEFLAGS variable and it complains because it does not know the
The workaround I used was to create a batch file. In the batch file,
MAKEFLAGS and then call nmake. Replace your call to nmake with a call
to the batch
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org